A few observations from President Obama’s inauguration today.
– The United States does this transition thing really well! We are really good at coming together only a couple months after a brutal campaign and at least pretending to get along.
– No matter what your political pursuasion is, it is a great accomplishment for the United States that an African American man was sworn in as President. We have come a long way in a short time.
– I was proud of Pastor Rick Warren for being man enough to pray in the name of Jesus. We need more Christian leaders like him.
– President Bush has aged way too much in 8 years.
– Why did they pick one of the smallest ladies at the event to push Vice President Cheney in his wheelchair?
– Aretha Franklin is not a good singer anymore.
– I’m no fashion expert, but Michelle Obama’s green gloves looked kind of funny with her gold outfit.
– I liked former President George H.W. Bush’s fuzzy hat.
– I wonder who felt the most resentment at having to attend. John McCain or Hillary Clinton?
– President Bush and Laura Bush are genuinely nice people. It was obvious that they have formed a close relationship with the Obama’s.
– Ballots do work better than bullets.